1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Army Times: Rumsfeld must go

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Editorial appearing in Army Times, Air Force Times, Navy Times, and Marine Corps Times calls Bush to oust Rumsfeld...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15552211/

The editorial itself...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15552388/

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think stories ought to make it more clear that these publications are for the military but not by the military. They are owned by Gannett:

http://www.gannett.com/about/map/armytimes.htm

3. Inky_Wretch

True, but these publications aren't known for their left-wing, liberal editorial stances. That, combined with the target audience of each one, makes the editorial very interesting.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Indeed. This is very interesting.

I think that if Lieberman doesn't win in Conn., Bush should say goodbye to Rumy and fill the spot with Joe.
    Now tell me that wouldn't rattle a few cages on both sides of the isle?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Which isle? Oahu? Maui? Molokai?

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I thought he was talking about the island on Lost. I mean, that would be impressive, coming up with something that would rattle the cages of both the castaways and the others. Especially those others. They seem so eerily calm all the time. And all along, all it would have taken to throw them off their game is Lieberman. Who knew?

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Lieberman's promotion would certainly give Sawyer some additional comedic material, and I can only suspect Henry Gale would be jealous that someone else with a nerdy, whiny voice was on the scene. I wonder if Joe would side with Loche or Jack. He's clearly a bull-headed man of faith, so I'm tempted to say Loche, but his love of logic (Jack) and his ardent support of all things military makes me believe he'd want to declare war on The Others, so I'm torn.

I guess what I'm saying is watch out Sayid. JoeMentum believes you're part of the war on terror.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Army Times headline fron Jan. 1865: !General Grant must go!

9. Inky_Wretch

Not a good comparision. If you'd said Edwin Stanton instead of Grant it would have worked.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I had no idea the Army Times wrote headlines with Spanish punctuation, where they put exclamation points before and after sentences. It truly was a dark time in our nation's history.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Army Times, why do you hate America?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Lieberman's not losing. Move on . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted