1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armitage Outed Plame, So Says Associate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not to mention that this is all entiirely consistent with the DOJ findings.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Pope,

I stand corrected on the law (or reminded, because I did know the part about intent), but if your contention is that I'm supposed to feel better (or safer) that is was only Armitage who let the cat out of the bag . . . nope, not buying it.

3. Oh, pope. Please.
    There is ample evidence that Libby and Rove engaged in their own little bits of business regarding Valerie Plame -- with Matt Cooper and Judy Miller -- and that they had their own reasons beyond Armitage's initial inexcusable clumsiness with national security information. That is at least partly why Libby currently is paying his lawyers a couple of hundred dollars an hour. It wasn't because he played monkey-games with the truth in order to cover for Richard Armitage. It was because he did so to cover his own ass, Rove's. and to run interference for the architecture of lies surrounding the casus belli for the current clusterfuck.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

My paper had a column today by Dan K. Thomasson, former Scripps Howard editor. It began like this:

Sweet Jesus.

If you think the whole matter is bullshit, fine. Make your case. But this lede might be the biggest example of a writer obliterating his own credibility that I've seen in . . . oh, forever.

The Plame case isn't even the most "more bizarre, silly, overblown and wasteful affair" currently courtesy of Washington. That distinction is reserved for the clusterfuck located at approximately 33° 20' N, 44° 24' E, and it's making a push for the all-time record. (I'm guessing that Thomasson would have to look up the degrees and minutes.)

Seriously, any sentient reader should deduce that Mr. Thomasson slept through the 1990s -- and most of the rest of his vaunted 43 years in Washington.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What's the evidence, ample or otherwise?

Draft saved Draft deleted