1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Armitage Outed Plame, So Says Associate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/28/AR2006082801278.html

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's a more concise account of what happened, by a very smart and very good writer:

http://www.slate.com/id/2148555

I notice how everyone who wanted Libby and Rove's head for allegedly outing some CIA flunkie who was a mere desk jockey -- and someone who had already been outed -- is strangly silent on this revelation.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

how about we wait for a story to hit tomorrow's papers before we make any comments about anyone being, "Strangely silent," eh, hondo?

Jeebus.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Uhhh.. it's been in the news cycle for two days now, going on three.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sure like to hear Fitzgerald's explanation for going through with this dog and pony show when he had the information on Armitage before Libby was indicted.

Anything to take down a guy you don't like I guess. Wonder when Joe Wilson is going to apologize to Rove.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Headbutt's story is from today.

First I'd heard of anything was on the radio this afternoon, and it was speculative.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, Christopher Hitchens. He with no axe to grind. He probably thinks the WMD's actually existed.

And Hondo, "CIA flunkie" speaks volumes about your, um, rather limited worldview.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh, please. The media and some of you people act like Joe and Valerie Plame were having regular meetings in darkened East Berlin alleys to get the microfilm of the Soviets' latest weapons system, then jetting to the Far East to help overthrow a dictator. She was a bureaucrat. He made sure the embassies were stocked with paper clips and toilet paper.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Had it been Democrats in office, tell me you would be screaming treason.

And it doesn't matter if she was a "CIA flunkie who was a mere desk jockey." The fact that she was a spy, that blew years and years and years of work. Bottom line, she was still a spy.

10. That's such an incredible load of bullshit it's hard to know where to begin.
    Plame was a covert agent. Her operation -- which monitored WMD's in Iran, BTW -- also was covert. Both those operations were blown, maybe accidentally by Armitage, but later on by Rove and Libby, who almost assuredly lied about it to Fitzgerald. hondo, I have a little experiment for you. Please tell me now who the Director Of Operations is for the CIA. That person works at a desk in Langley.
    Do you know why you can't tell me? Because you go to the federal pen for 25 years if you do, that's why. This was likely the fallback position all along -- I certainly believe Novak, god knows -- and what Rove and Libby did, they did for payback.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Interesting to watch Fenian twist into fun balloon-animal shapes trying to hold together the Daily Kos narrative on this one.

There's just no there there. Time to, uh, move on. Go help Nancy Pelosi pick out the drapes for the Speaker of the House office she think she's be occupying in January.

(Funny how on one part of the board folks are ready to take to the streets to protect the Barry Bonds grand jury leaker ... here, not so much love.)

12. Not a single bit of substance.
    How do you keep your keyboard on the table?

Draft saved Draft deleted