1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arlen Specter: Pats have been spying on opponents since 2000.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Brady was knocked back, and to the left.

2. I'm so sick of the "everybody does it" defense. We hear it about steroids, we hear it about spying, etc.
    Can't we all just agree that cheating is cheating, no matter how common it is?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Specter's motives are anything but pure, but I really want to know what this Walsh guy knows...

I'll bet when all is said and done, Belichick retires rather than deal with any of this...

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Goodell has moments of brilliance as commissioner, but then he looks completely lost when things like this happen and he failed to take proper action on the Patriots. Tags didn't do too well either, but still, it's time for Goodell to take some kind of action.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Rosie O'Donnell's theory about 9/11 doesn't sound so ridiculous now. Tomorrow, Sen. Specter tells us Belichick planted the explosives.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I, too, want to know what Walsh knows. Mangini, Weis and Crennel, too.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Too bad the Evil Hoodie brainwashed them enough to not talk openly with the media.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If Specter calls them before Congress, they may have to talk.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Starting to see things come together: hair's different, but similarities in facial structure and expressions perhaps:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One of Specter's (and is there a better name for a principal in this matter) biggest campaign supporters has been Comcast Cable. Ding, ding, ding.

More "action" from a do-nothing Congress that has shown its zit-speckled ass more in the last several weeks (days?) than it has in the last several years.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Specter is at least a Republican who questions George W.

He was also on the Warren Commission, and we all know how that crystallized JFK's last trip to Dallas.

If anyone thinks the Patriots cheated seven years ago, that they just decided to stop until this season, well, I'm not buying it.

There are certain things, IMHO, that once you cross the line and do it, you really are not going to stop doing it.

For example, If I was caught cheating on my wife in 2000 and again in 2007, guess what I was doing in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006?

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If (and I'm assuming they did right now) what should the punishment be?

Draft saved Draft deleted