1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Ari Gold' leaves Broadway show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 18, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but Piven was awesome in PCU.

Kinda blows your whole theory out of the water, doesn't it, BYH? :D

Gutter is a tool! Gutter is a tool!

(And before I get banned for that, it's a movie quote, and in no way meant to reflect on any moderator, living or dead, who might be named Gutter on here. All rights reserved.)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, shit.

Can we get you banned anyway?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't see why not. 8)

And, in fairness, Piven's character in PCU isn't too far off from his character in Entourage.

Could be the dude can only play snarky, sarcastic assholes.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We're throwing down tonight on Aloha Street.

Ok, in I think 1997 or 1998, Piven was at the Anita Madden pre-Derby party in Lexington, Ky. A huge party which has been legendary in its debauchery.

Anyway, they were there live talking to some of the stars, it was 12 or 1 a.m. and the two reporters, who happened to be married, were talking ot Piven. They ask him how he is, and he's just freaking' out of it. He says "Oh man, I feel like I'm peaking on mushrooms," which took both of them back a little.

Then he kind of straightens up, and starts flirting with the female reporter Nancy Cox, and then asks her what she's doing later. She kind of laughs it off, and he keep on. "No really, what are you doing later." Her husband is just kind of stadning there with this stupid grin on his face. Funny as hell, especially on live TV. A very Joe Namath-esque moment.

As an aside, the husband reporter later got busted with a hooker and lost his job, Tom Kenney.

Anyway, it was funnier if you saw it, but I got a kick out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted