1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Ari Gold' leaves Broadway show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Says he has a high level of mercury. Pretty snarky quote from the playwright in there.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/124437.html

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Love Mamet, but he can be a bitch, especially when it comes to his ex-wife.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

That's the kind of joke I would make.

4. Moderator1

He basically hung one of his shows out to dry because she got all the money. Can't recall which one.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

American Buffalo.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Too bad. The production got terrific reviews, particularly focusing on Piven's and Elizabeth Moss's (Peggy in Mad Men) performances.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I marvel every time I see Entourage and those commercials for Speed The Plow and wonder how Piven went from balding nerd who occassionally essayed the weasely douchebag who gets his comeuppance to slick I-rule-the-world-with-my full-hair-of-head piece of crap. He spent multiple years on Ellen. ON ELLEN! Oh yeah and he played George Costanza in the show-within-a-show on Seinfeld...15 years ago! And he was a balding nerd in One Crazy Summer...23 years ago!

Now I read interviews with the guy and it's obvious he's not leaving Ari Gold at the studio. What an insufferable sounding guy. Bad news, dude. You're 44 next year. Time is ticking.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

My wife met him 10 years ago.

Utter prick.

9. Moderator1

Mercury fucks with your mind. Cut the guy a break.
    I wonder if he's cold?

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He was balding in Singles, 16 years ago.

Didn't he and John Cusack have a falling out? They were big friends, but I'm sure Piven became mega-douche. I have a good Derby story about Piven I don;t have to share write now.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

"What's so funny about...peace, peace, peace...love and under...peace, peace/ Death Row, what does a brother know? peace, peace. / Yow, wow, wow, wow, wow, kapow!"

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Graham Parker wrote a great song called "Mercury Poisoning," but in his case he was bitching about his crappy record label.

"I got a dinosaur for a representative -- it's got a small brain and refuses to learn."

Draft saved Draft deleted