1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arenas, Crittenton both suspended for remainder of season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 27, 2010.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I didn't see this anywhere, but I have an e-mail from the league with Stern announcing both are suspended for the remainder of the season.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I want to know what the Wizards' management & when did they know it.

If this happened, "with other players and team personnel present or nearby," and the Wizards did nothing about it, then heads should roll in their organization as well.

Were they covering it up? Were they investigating it? Have they been asked, and if yes, what did they say?

3. I believe that the Washington GM did know about it - it's been reported that he knew and was gravely concerned that someone pulled a gun on somebody and heads were gonna roll. He may have even been the one to bring it to the attention to the league. If he didn't act quickly enough, it was just to avoid botching the discipline with the union before all the facts were in.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. I hope that is the case.

I was thinking that the league didn't know about it until it hit the papers.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Both contracts should be terminated, and the word spread around the league that anybody wishing to sign Arenas next year should do so at the veteran minimum.

Crittenton's an 11th man. His career is finished.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Crittendon has been hurt so hasn't played anyway. Now he's not getting paid to not play.

7. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Anyone have a link to the Mike Wise/Peter Vecsey squabble on this subject? Sounds like the boys are swinging their axes.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Arenas is too good. The line forms to the left for him once he's cut loose, and besides, the players association would shit a cow if there was collusion.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em. Arenas is guilty of a felony. If they don't like it, let Stern suspend him for 10 years.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And this assumes the Wizards can void the contract, which is far from a foregone conclusion. I think they'll try it - and they absolutely should - but it could very well get shot down in court. Ask Latrell Sprewell.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Here's Peter's version, more vindictive than explanatory:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/justice_served_fX5qJIh4QiTztg0n53xOMO

12. Reading that column makes me want to smack the shit out of him. I can't imagine how the people feel who he was actually talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted