1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I think they pay these people to go on TV and act like morons.
    I'm convinced nobody could be this stupid.
    Perhaps I have too much faith in mankind.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

What a terrible show. I couldn't bear to watch it. Jeff Foxworthy makes me want to shoot myself in the face, and the show's premise doesn't help that much.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

No....I would say Foxworthy and Bill Engvall lost a bet by being talked into doing those 4-man shows with Larry The Cable and some other country-oriented comic. They look like The Rat Pack for bumpkins.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Haven't seen it yet, but Foxworth can't be any worse than Shatner in his game show hosting stint on ABC's "Show Me The Money" (At least I hope not).

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

This is an incredible idea for a show. Who would have thought that we forget all of the stuff we learn in school.

That said, the production itself is horrible. Way, way too slow. Case in point -- as of one minute ago, we'd had one question answered. One question in 10 minutes.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

LOOK AT A MAP IN YOUR HEAD, LADY!

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Maybe that's what kicked her GPA down to a 3.3 ... she failed geography, obviously.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

With as many lifelines as they have, it's impossible to not get to 25 grand unless you're a complete moron.

That first guy failed.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

I did the online version of the game in about 1 minute. I shouldn't be watching this. It gets my blood pressure going.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hey, I've seen people one Millionaire who didn't know how many strings were on the common guitar or what Little Jack Horner pulled out of the pie.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Six?
    And the second part's a plum.

But I'll admit that I have no idea about a lot of stuff that most people consider "common knowledge."

Draft saved Draft deleted