1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I said Dumbass Kudzu!

Is there any other kind?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Still waiting, Scribe. See what Wikipedia has to say.

3. Good heavens!
    I thought we'd stopped its horrible spread!

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Apparently not! It's been creeping while you sleeping!

Still waiting.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Is that a new HBO mini-series?? :eek: :eek:

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I believe it's on FX.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Shouldn't it be on one of the "liberal" networks like ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Truth has never been spoken so eloquently.

The nominations for post of the year should cease at once.

Just mail the damn check.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Hey, as a liberal, I've got a question:

Why can't we (liberals, collectively) come up with an equally snooty term for the other side w/r/t "libs."

No, "cons" doesn't work.

I mean, you always hear "typical lib propaganda" and "classic lib thinking," but what the hell do we have? "Republican-controlled media" just doesn't have the same snide ring, nor does "conservatives."

As a liberal, I can attest that it's hard damn work getting up at 7 a.m. every morning so I can fill my busy schedule of God-hating, Bush-bashing, flag-defaming and war-protesting. Christ, I'm lucky if I can get in a little sodomy on a bed of torn out Bible pages before my lunch break is over. It ain't easy. But it gets just about impossible when you look on the other side and see them using a snappy little term to negatively describe you and your godless ilk.

So any thoughts? What about "Pubs?" Nah, that's too close to "Pubes"...though "Libs" is also kinda reminiscent of "Labia." Let's see..."Righties?" No, that sounds like we're talking about someone's bullpen.

Crap!

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The way I see it, they are the same. One side bashing the other for what a couple of extreme outliers are doing -- when none of it really matters. The percentage of folks doing things like Scribe claims here is just as small as the percentage of Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines who are killing/raping/beating.

Yes, I understand scribe hasn't produced a link, and that's weak, and he should be called out on it.

11. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

That's because Scribe is still waiting for someone to post it on the web. In the meantime Scribe has done something any real journalist would do. Scribe e-mailed the Fresno Bee writer that covered the event where this happened and asked why he failed to mention it. Said writer e-mailed back and said he did in fact hear most of the exchange, but not enough to feel comfortable putting in the story.
    Perhaps you should put down the pop-tarts and e-mail Denny Boyles at dboyles@fresnobee.com and ask him to confirm that such a confrontation did take place and exactly what part of it he did hear. Or is that too much work for you? Or perhaps, you'd rather remain blissfully unaware in a state of plausible deniability?

And pointing out that Kerry has said the same thing is a valid point. This man was your party's representative, the leader of the party in 2004. That he shares the same thoughts and views as the most extreme members of your party should disturb you.

In the meantime, I will continue looking around to see if someone is going to post this on the web.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ("The thinnest skin imaginable")

Draft saved Draft deleted