1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you observing today's holiday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, not an official holiday. But it is International Day of Leisure ...

http://www.leisureteam.com/dol/dol.htm

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's also Take Your Dog To Work Day.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Every day to me is a day of leisure. However, today I have no choice.

My parents have two cars, both at least 10 years old. The Envoy has no a/c, and the dog apparently leaned on the armrest so long, holding down the window button, that he burned out the motor so the window won't go up. Bad for rain days. my mom took that truck to work, in Lexington (about 40 minutes away). Then, it wouldn't restart. So my dad drove up there in the other car to look at it. However, he gets there and realizes he left the truck keys here. He calls, asks me to go see if my brother's SUV will start. It won't. Battery's dead. So I'm here, brother's asleep, dad is taking my mom to her second job, then coming back here to jump my brother's truck, get the truck keys and go BACK to Lexington to try to get the truck running. Course, that means one of us will have to go with him to drive the truck to my mom's second job so my dad can leave the "good" car and then bring whoever goes back to this godforsaken house out in Deliverance country.

Soo...nothing but leisure on the docket for me today. :D

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe it is know that I am an International Man of Leisure.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I wore mandals to work. Does that count as leisure?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The official uniform of Leisure Day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really thought this was going to be another MJ thread, this one about people calling in sick b/c they were so overcome with grief.

Draft saved Draft deleted