1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you left-brained or right-brained? (possibly NSFW)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 11, 2007.

?

Are you left-brained our right-brained?

1. Left-brained, right-handed

25.6%
  2. Right-brained, right-handed

46.2%
  3. Left-brained, left-handed

10.3%
  4. Right-brained, left-handed

17.9%
  1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

I see both ways at will. It doesn't switch for me. Concentrate on the outside foot and actually it looks like she is just turning back and forth 180 degrees. Guess I must be illogical and completely uncreative.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, it says the complete opposite of what I clearly am so I don't buy it. There is no gray area with me.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Never bought the left- and right-brained method. A class I took for two years at a school overseas tried to break us down with this.

I can see the woman going both ways. I'm right-handed FWIW. Ask my friends and I'm probably labeled neither creative nor logical ...

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definitely a fraud. I saw it switch, too.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I've tried everything I could to get her to rotate counter-clockwise, but I just can't do it.

'Course, I knew I was right-brained anyway.

6. This is totally freaking me out.
    I have not seen it move anywhere other than clockwise.
    I called my wife over and looking at the same image at the same time she saw it moving in the opposite direction and when I told her the way I saw it moving - she began to see it move in that direction. Now she says she's seeing it switch.
    I have never seen it in any other direction and we are both staring at the image at the same time.

Freaky.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I had to laugh at that. :D

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

When she was moving clockwise, I was being creative and pondering all the things we could have done 30 years ago.

Then I started being logical, remembered that babes like that were out of my league even in my prime, and she started going counter-clockwise.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I've seen this thing before and its a complete FRAUD. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're right or left-brained. It moves clockwise the vast majority of the time which results in most people falsely thinking this means they must be the right-brained creative type, when actually most people are the opposite. Its an amusing little illusion but it means absolutely nothing.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would require you to have hair, would it not?

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

We actually tried to see if there was anything at snoopes.com, but it had nothing on this.

12. Right-handed, right-brained, Write-Brained.

Draft saved Draft deleted