1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you kidding me??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jan 13, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Comedy Central's next roast? Larry the fucking Cable Guy. The roasts haven't just jumped the shark, they've nuked the fridge.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Finding something popular and then driving it into the ground is SOP in television. Why should Comedy Central be different?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes. I actually was kidding you.

But not about this.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Absolutely awful. That guy doesn't deserve a roast. It'll be funny, but annoying at the same time. It'll likely be filled with stupid redneck jokes and stupid sexual innuendos involving family members.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, I'm no expert here but I expect a lot of fart jokes, redneck jokes and jokes about weiners.

So, in other words, when's it air? I need new material. :)

6. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Who's next? Frank Caliendo?

7. schiezainc

Take it back! Sweet Jesus take it back!!

8. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Maybe the "roast" could be Madden, GW Bush, Seinfeld, De Nero and all the other people he's impersonated getting together to actually roast him. FOX would be all over that.

9. schiezainc

I'm about 90% sure that Kurt Cobain had a dream about this show right before pulling the trigger.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Let's roast Larry the Cable Guy. Literally.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, I suppose Jeff Ross needs a forum to make jokes about Bea Arthur having gay sex with her brother.....

12. schiezainc

The biggest problem I have with this is that the best part of the Roast is the finale. I love when a host gets up and rips apart everyone in attendance and at home. To me, Larry the Cable Guy is the type of comedian who won't be able to top the likes of Ross and Saget (Assuming he shows). Hell, about the only guy Larry could really make fun of is Artie Lang and he'll likely be dead by the time this event comes around.

Draft saved Draft deleted