1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you happy with your cell phone provider?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 7, 2010.

?

Whose service do you use?

1. AT&T

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Verizon

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Sprint

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. T-Mobile

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. U.S. Cellular

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Cricket

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm lucky - work pays my cell phone (I have a Blackberry) and I don't even see the bill. I've been with Verizon for about 7 or 8 years and I've been very happy with their service. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call. With AT&T, there are/were 3 dead zones between my office and home.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

If you have teenagers, no plan is good. Cellphone companies love teenagers.
    We've never had anything but Verizon. We think it is the best company and are somewhat pleased.
    The two-year "free" upgrade is kind of a sham. The last 2 phones I got were not free. My Motorola razor was the best phone I've had. Two years later, they didn't have them anymore. My "free" upgrade cost me $20 and the phone was inferior. I now have an LG enVtouch, better than the last phone, but still not as good as the razor. This one cost me $80 for the "free" upgrade.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

T-Mobile. Yes.

4. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Switched to Verizon back in March after being with Sprint forever. Much happier with Verizon.

They have the best coverage nationwide, but it ain't cheap. My wife and I both have Droids with data plans.

We don't have a land line, so they are our primary phones. Worth it to me to pay a little extra, especially with my work situation and the fact I can use my phone to connect to the internet if need be to file a story.

We were in a dead spot with Sprint in my neighborhood, and we tried everything (including getting an AirRave to help out), but nothing worked.

Plus, when we made the switch to Verizon, we got our Droids free for signing up for the new account. Worked out great for me.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like the Verizon service.

We will see about the hardware because I am due for a new phone in November.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Have AT&T because of the iPhone and although customer service sucks when calling the company, I have an AT&T store right down the block and they have been very helpful on a number of occasions.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Been with AT&T for several years, no complaints. And costumer service has been excellent

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

THIS. I am thinking of going for the MetroPCS $40 deal. That essentially would cut my bill in half.

I've had my AT&T phone for 2 years and it works fine. I wouldn't know about customer service because I've never needed it. But it is damn expensive.

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Was with Verizon for almost nine years, switched (because I had to) to AT&T to get the Iphone. Love the phone, HATE the service.

Now that Verizon has stepped its game up with the smartphones, I'm looking hard at going back after my contract is up. Unless Verizon gets the iphone, which would be the best of both worlds.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I stick with pre-paid phones as they do everything I need them to do.

Then again, all I really care about is sending calls and text messages. I suppose I'm just easy to please.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Verizon. Works like a champ.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

AT&T, primarily because Sprint and Verizon suck in my area, and T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular (a locally owned company) aren't that great. I was with Bluegrass for a year out of high school before I moved and pretty much got screwed by that company. They told me I had to make more than 50 percent of my calls from the "home calling area," which was two hours away from where I moved, or they'd cut off my service.

They tried to tell me that little nugget was in the fine print on my contract, but I poured over that thing and had a couple of friends look over it, and they couldn't find it. I told them to more or less screw off, and that I wasn't going to be with them much longer. Went to a Cingular store that same day, and got set up with them and have a customer ever since.

Draft saved Draft deleted