1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are you F'IN KIDDING ME (stupid people) running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Sep 18, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I love the look of utter cluelessness when I pay, say, a $5.78 tab with $6.03 because I want a quarter. It's like I just asked someone to split the atom.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This is more sarcasm, but after several wine tastings I laughed my ass off. I went with three of my friends on a wine tour yesterday and we stopped a very nice eatery at one of the vineyards. This is how the exchange went between on of my friends -- who is comedy gold in any situation.

Young Hostess: Sir how many in your group?

Friend: 78

Young Hostess: (blushing and giggling) Just four then?

Friend: Yes. Do you serve wine here?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this one kinda bugged me. There could have been more people coming and she was just doing her job, but hey, why not give her shit for no reason?

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

She laughed. And then she told us that people seriously asked her if they served wine.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buh... buh... buh ... they make a hamburger a beautiful thing...

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Every time I am buying groceries and the checkout person has to prompt the person in front of me about the proper way to use their card.

Enter the pin...

You need to sign...

Come on. You only use this fucking card about 100 times a year.

They are also the same people who take outtheir cards or money AFTER the teller has told them what they owe.

Come on. Did you think this shit was free?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good for her. Sounds like she has the right attitude. Still don't think she deserved the sarcasm.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More serious. We've had like 0.05 inches of rain in five weeks. The hottest day this late in the year ever recorded. Major fire just took out 170 homes in the mountains. And we've got idiots driving around knocking out their ashes, throwing out their cigarettes as they drive. Shouldn't happen during a hurricane or when there's a 200-mile fire ban.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Same thing except substitute card with 'old lady with checkbook' and you've nailed it. That kills me more than anything. I've even been behind one who asked the cashier who to make it out to. "You're in the dang grocery story. Their logo is only plastered on over square inch of the building you just spent an hour in"

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Get over yourself.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this woman?

Her car -- that she parked in a handicapped spot, because of her husband's handicap -- is moved one block for security reasons.

And instead of walking around the block to find it, she's mad that the D.C. Police didn't find it fast enough.

This has happened to me twice, once in Manhattan when Clinton was President & had dinner at a restaurant near where I was parked, and once in Chicago because of a film shoot (having nothing to do with the President, just the same kind of thing).

In each instance, there was a moment of panic when I thought my car was gone, but both times the cops told me to look round for it, because it probably hadn't been towed far.

Each time, I found it within a block or so. It took a few minutes & I was on my way.

I can't imagine just sitting around for a day while expecting the police to find the car for me.

I could see a local paper doing a story on something like this if it had happened in a small town during a campaign trip, but I don't understand the Washington Post writing it up. This kind of thing must happen all of the time in D.C.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My wife sets the emergecy brake almost everytime she gets out of the car.

Mind you we have an automatic, and you have to create a y=mx+z graph the size of a scoreboard to illustrate the slope of the ground in Virginia.

Drives me nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted