1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you blind sided The Blind Side may have been a lie?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo, Aug 14, 2023.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /true fact
    //i want to believe

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Has anyone denied the most important fact:

Told him adoption- got conservatorship

franticscribe likes this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

They don't seem to deny the conservatorship, but they have several lines in a book in their name that they adopted the kid, so yeah, they probably lied about that.

And they have changed their story about how much money they got for the movie multiple times. Multiple times and none of them make sense. Even now the kid is denying the amount they claimed they made in the book, which is more than the "nothing" they claimed to have gotten last week.

I am completely certain the Tuohys are full of shit and have lied so much for show and promotional reasons that they probably forgot the truth.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    sgreenwell likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hydration breaks every 20 minutes during practice.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I never saw so much scene chewery since Rene Jar-Jarwegger in Cold Mountain. Did Bullock really deserve the Oscar for that part?

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is this the first time someone has been shocked and disheartened to learn they're not adopted?

Liut likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Fact or assertion?

Liut likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Tuohys have given reasons for conservatorship (couldn’t be adoption because he was 18, which is BS) but never denied telling him he would be adopted. That’s called an undisputed fact.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't know. But I wonder who explained it to Oher and if he understood the legal distinctions. Oher evidently did not have his own lawyer represent him is troubling.

Liut likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good Lord ... all the shit I've never denied that now falls into the "undisputed fact" territory!

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1
    What a breath of fresh air. Someone admits they don't know. I don't know, either. Which (I think) is the point Doc's trying to make.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most inaccurate thing in the movie was the other coaches giving up when Fulmer showed up. Shine was pretty much off the program by then.

During Oher's four years at Ole Miss, Fulmer's teams went 5-6, 9-4, 10-4 and 5-7.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted