1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you as good a weasel as Billy Donovan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jun 14, 2007.

1. The Fort Myers Miracle minor league baseball team will give fans a chance to negotiate their way out of their tickets during "Billy Donovan" night on June 20.

Everything from the price of the ticket to the seat location can be haggled over.

I think I could do a pretty good job at this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/06/13/donovan.promotion.ap/index.html

The Miracle will have Fort Myers defense attorney Michael Hornung on site to negotiate settlements. Hornung, by coincidence, attended the same high school -- St. Agnes on Long Island, N.Y. -- as Donovan.

Hornung said he might be more hardline with visiting Tampa Yankees fans.

"If it's a Yankee fan, I'm going to tell them to go take their seat and sit there for the whole nine innings," Hornung said. "I have free reign. I'm judge and jury."

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That would be fun.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I was all set to go to that game and announced to my wife that we were going. I bought the plane tickets and reserved a hotel and everything. But I've thought better of it and decided that staying closer to home that week is better for my family. My lawyers are negotiating with the airline get my money back.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I made a lot of back channel discussions before I ultimately made the decision to post on this thread. But I might delete it in the next 48 hours.

5. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

Minor League baseball is a wonderful thing.

6. I'm not going because I discovered only last evening that I have children.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's all the media's fault anyway. :mad: :mad:

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Billy learned it from The Weasel King . . . Ricky.

Draft saved Draft deleted