1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a troll?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 3, 2012.

1. From the Bloggess:

1. You read something on the internet you disagree with. How do you respond?
    A. You close the browser before wasting any more of your time, saying to yourself, “What. An. Asshole.”
    B. You explain in the comment section why you think the author is an idiot.
    C. You didn’t actually read this far. You just screamed “FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG” and muttered something unsavory about Persians. You also probably can’t spell “Persians.”
    D. You don’t have access to the internet because you’re a fictional creature

2. You see a movie created by someone:
    A. You admire the work it took to create something even if you didn’t personally love the end result.
    B. You spend 3 hours picking apart the plot, motives of the characters, and publicly point out all real or imagined plot-holes.
    C. You scream “LOOK OUT, BITCH!” as loud as you can through out the entire movie. Then you and your friends loudly high-five each other. The movie is Schindler’s List.
    D. You aren’t allowed to go to movies because you don’t own pants.

3. You read a new book recommended by others but you don’t like it.
    A. You finish it and then keep it to remind yourself not to trust your stupid friends for book recommendations.
    B. You finish it and then give it a bad review online.
    C. You suspect someone is somehow trying to challenge you. You organize a book burning.
    D. You don’t read but you appreciate the book burning because the nice glow helps you find the bridge you live under.

4. Someone suggests eating people.
    A. You say nothing. You leave and consider notifying the police.
    B. You say, “What the fuckity fuck is wrong with you, you sick bastard?” and then you leave and consider calling the police.
    C. You assume they’re hitting on you and go off on an anti-homosexual rant that ends with a threat to kill all the zebras at the zoo for some reason.
    D. You say “Yeah, I could eat” and you put on your people-eating sweats because you feel sort of fat that week.

5. You don’t like this threas:

A. You never read this thread because you don’t like this thread.
    B. You leave a comment explaining what you don’t like about this thread and then you go away.
    C. You leave baffling comments like “FUCK YOU AND YOUR DOG, FISHFACE” but you change your name so it seems like you’re more than one person. You misspell almost every comment and you don’t understand IP addresses. When I change your comment to “I wish I could be exactly like you in every way” you come back and say “WHAT?! I NEVER SAID THAT, FISHFACE” and then I change that comment to “I wish I could wear your skin and be you” and then you get so mad you explode. Then you leave so you can go leave racist comments on youtube.
    D. You’re taking a nap because you just ate too many goats.

Scoring…

If you answered mostly D’s:
    You’re a troll. Luckily, you are also mythological and don’t have the internet so it’s hard for you to get too upset about this. Most people find you under bridges, hungry and ready to snack on them.

If you answered mostly C’s:
    You’re a probably an asshole. Or possibly you’re an angry teenager. It’s occasionally hard to tell those apart. Most people find you abrasive, obnoxious and vile, however you’re in luck because you can grow out of this phase, and even if you don’t there are lots of other assholes out there to share your time with you.

If you answered mostly B’s:
    You’re a normal human being. You are also the most likely of all of these groups to find yourself being mislabeled as a “troll”. Sorry about that. Feel free to have you own strong opinions, even if they are occasionally quite wrong.

If you answered mostly A’s:
    You’re a compassionate human being or a compulsive liar. You may not actually exist. You are kind and considerate and if I was having a birthday party I would invite you to it. Most people enjoy your company unless they are assholes or trolls. Trolls just want to eat you.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

A troll is also someone from Michigan's Lower Peninsula.

ya know, 'cuz dey live below da bridge, eh

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This poll is flawed because it said I was a normal human being.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Stop making jokes and treat this topic with the authenticity and sincerity it deserves.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm split between "mythological" and "may not really exist."

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And I'm somewhere between human being and asshole.

I used to be somewhere between not existing and a human being. :)

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, shottie, were you given clearance to put that second tagline back in?

9. jr/shotglass

Why, no, dools.

No, I wasn't. ;D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Mostly A's and B's, but I reserve the right to be an asshole. None of y'all would taste any good even with an extra truckful of bath salts.

11. jr/shotglass

Depends on how gamey it is under that bridge, f_t. ;)

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't own pants.

Draft saved Draft deleted