1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a credits watcher?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, May 3, 2008.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

It lends itself to a more natural reading behavior.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The words meet your eyes, instead of your head jutting up and down like a $10 hooker.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I always wait to see who the best boy is.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I watch them and I hate it when the cable outlets shrink them down to get their idiotic promos in.

SAG should step in and put a stop to it.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Having fulfilled one of my life's goals, being listed as a key grip in a movie, I'd like to thank all of you for your support.
    It was extremely cool to see it up on the big screen, even if it was a film project contest and the local art house theater showed it. Plus if you google my name, one of the things that will pop up is the credits and I'll be listed as key grip.
    Totally awesome.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I watch girls, mostly.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm usually keyed in on most of the movies I go see and read reviews and whatnot before hand, so I typically find out if there is anything worth staying for at the end of the credits. If there is (or if I'm not sure), I'll stick around. Otherwise, I'm outta there.

Only exception was for LOTR: Return of the King. Those credits were fucking beautiful. I stuck around just to watch it.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I always watch the credits. Why stumble around in the dark with the crowd?

Sit, hang out, be comfortable. It's like a ball game: you're not going to "beat the traffic," since everyone else is leaving at the same time. Wait until it's over and the teenagers come in to clean up the popcorn, getting that nervous look on their face as they try to figure out what to say to get you the heck out of there.

And, along the lines of all the "best boy" talk . . . sometimes the credits have good jokes, like when Airplane II listed "Worst Boy: Adolf Hitler."

9. Samson

Samson Guest

So you're just a schmuck in general?

Damn. You know you're a looser when a cat busts on you.

;)

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I hardly ever watch movies. Last one I saw in the movie theaters was Brokeback Mountain. Back in February 2006. Have no desire to break the streak, even though it's about as long as Mikey's.

But when I do watch my once-in-a-generation movie, I stay until the credits are done. I like seeing who played what parts, particularly when it's an actor I'm unfamiliar with and he or she did a great job in the role. That, and I get to beat the rush of people out of the movie theater.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I stick around just to feel like I got my money's worth. I paid to see every second of the movie, I'm gonna watch every second, dammit!

Seriously, I do try to stay a while just to see if there's any extras. The douchebags standing there with the garbage bags and brooms, looking like nightclub bouncers ready to push you out as soon as the credits start rolling, really piss me off.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The credits for "Seven" went the other way. It was kind of disturbing.

Draft saved Draft deleted