1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we in the new '60s?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

You undermine your credibility when you toss out barbs like your last sentence. Impossible to have civilized discourse with you.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

first of all, the Democrats did lose seats in the 1942 midterm elections and held a narrow majority. I know you wouldn't know this, yawn, because it might involve reading a book or something other than the right-wing, hate-radio crap that you serve up second-hand here.

second, I'd suggest you conduct yourself with a little bit of intelligence and integrity before you talk about morality, you toothless troll.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And ruin the plumbing? I don't think so.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Conservatives have cornered the market on morality, eh, Sleepyhead?

I bet a little evangelical reacharound could get you to change your mind.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Right. Ace. About 99 percent of evangelicals aren't closet homos like Haggard was. Hell, you guys ought to be welcoming him with open arms.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought you said that was for "medicinal purposes?"

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some churchgoers are liberal, Sleepyhead. Some churches, in fact, are liberal denominations.

Just so you know.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I go at least once a week. Course Yawn probably doesn't consider my kind to be Christian, given that Quakers have vastly different beliefs from evangelicals.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh, right. Quakers are known terrorists. As you seemed to suggest the Bush Administration regards you as.

Of course, the liberals bitched when we tried to selectively take aim at Muslim Extremist males between the ages of 18 and 40.

Quakers. Seems like Nixon was one of those. But I could guess how you feel about Nixon.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why don't you guess? I'm sure you'll be completely wrong.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What is "take aim" a euphemism for, Sleepyhead?

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ace: You figure it out.

Sportschick: Duck and weave, gal. I'm sure whatever form I answered in, it would be wrong. Duck and weave.

Draft saved Draft deleted