1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Yankees really in trouble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of where Buck had The Yankees back in 1995. They made a great late run and then lost ALDS in a great series with Seattle. Buck was fired and the rest is history. Clear though that Gene Michael and Buck laid the foundation for what has been a pretty amazing 17 year run by The Yankees.

I am a huge Buck fan and would not mind seeing the O's make it. I'm a Yankee fan but they have become a very uninspiring team. No doubt it would be sweat for Buck.

If The Yankees do fall apart watch out below on ticket sales.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The last postseason without either the Yankees or Red Sox? You have to go back to the pre-wildcard era--1993.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

'95 Yankees were a very good team. Bernie Williams, Wade Boggs and Paul O'Neill all hit over .300
    Pettitte, Cone, McDowell, Hitchcock and Mo Rivera (Started 10 games). Wetteland.

They had alot more talent than these Orioles. I have no idea how Buck is doing it. This is a bad team. Which will only embolden Angelos to keep being cheap. O's fans ought to enjoy this, because it'll be another 14 years before they have another winning season.

Draft saved Draft deleted