1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Utah Jazz really this good?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I'd say both players fit perfect on their respective teams. Paul was tremendous as a rook. Williams has been tremendous this year. The real bust from that draft is Marvin Williams. In fact, since the landlord is also going to be a bust, the question becomes: How does the Atlanta GM still have a job?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

3. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Four months from now you will be writing how Marvin Williams is also VERY GOOD. He's injured right now and not playing at all, but he dominated during the summer and was better than good in preseason.

Marvin Williams is 20 YEARS OLD. Most players come into the NBA not ready, and the most talented end up being very good after a year or two of getting acclimated.

Not everyone is LeBron James.

Rookie scoring averages:
    Scottie Pippen 7.9 ppg
    Clyde Drexler 7.7 ppg
    Walt Frazier 9.0 ppg

I could go on. And that was before guys came into the NBA at 18 years old.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Didn't follow Marvin Williams in the summer, so hopefully he added an offensive move. Because that would give him one.

Nice rebounder, nice hustle, but doesn't have the shot/quickness to play the 3, and more often than not, he's going to be undersized at 4.

I havne't given up yet, though. Calling him a bust was prob too harsh.

5. He dominated in the summer?
    So did Brian Wilson.
    Don't want to waste a draft pick on him, either.

6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I liiiike. High five!

7. bsizzle_77

bsizzle_77 New Member

We will see... I cant say if they are for real after only 11 games. If the injury bug bites Carlos Boozer for a long amount of time you can kiss this season goodbye. He does more than just score and rebound he gives the Jazz that one guy they can always go to. D Williams has also been outstanding the kid improves more and more with each game. If the Jazz can keep everyone healthy and get AK47 back they will be dangerous

8. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

[​IMG]

Dead fans will appreciate the tunes in jazz form.

Draft saved Draft deleted