1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are blogs a complete waste of time?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Snake Plissken, Apr 17, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just a point of note: Olney doesn't link to other blogs, he links to other papers.

2. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Here's an instance where blogs are going to push a story: the Mario Williams 'thing' that is currently unfolding. None of the big papers/sites are on it yet ... it should be on PTI today, and i would assume Mario will get asked about driving 200 mph in his lambo ... and LETTING IT BE RECORDED.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i hear the 'not getting paid any more' thing a lot. especially since i spend several hours a day blogging, as well as my regular beat work. i'm always the last guy out of the press box (my deadlines help that as well) and i have the most popular blog on our network. i don't get a dime extra. but i'll tell you what, i think i will in the future. it's an investment. i'm going to get my next job because of my blog, i'm pretty darn sure of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted