1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Baby Boomers a generation of sociopaths?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 27, 2017.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

An interesting read, but yes ... very long.

To sum up (using Roger Waters' metaphors): In the battle to overcome and/or become the pigs, the dogs won and the sheep lost.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love Pink Floyd, and Animals is currently my favorite Floyd album.
    But with all due respect to Roger Waters and the rest of the band, I think those are George Orwell’s metaphors.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Millennials and retirement: How bad is it?

"In terms of preparing for retirement, millennials have three strikes against them. First, because of limited access to retirement plans at work, millennials will struggle to build retirement savings, since experience shows that people have a great deal of trouble saving on their own. Second, they are less likely to have bought a home, and home equity is a valuable retirement asset. And third, they are more likely to be burdened by student loans, and young workers with student loans have less to stash in retirement plans and are more likely to end up at risk in retirement."

They should have just worked harder and saved more! Those other things just happened, with no responsibility anywhere else.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most employers don't offer 401(k)s anymore?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They needn’t worry. By the time millennials retire, the population will have been widely thinned by pandemics and wars. All hope is not lost.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

And then there is this...

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I hope you're kidding. I do believe Eisenhower, McArthur, Patton and Nimitz were Americans. And those devices dropped on Japan -- Made in the USA.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You sure you're not thinking of Brian Williams or Matt Lauer? I never heard of Brokaw involved in a sexual harassment problem.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He’s right. America carried that whole fucking movie.

12. DanOregon

Google Brokaw and former Fox Newser Linda Vester.

Also google Russian Front in WWII. Yes American Industry was the reason the good guys prevailed in WWII, but Ivan did a number on Germany as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted