1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARCTIC BLAST 2007 — Live team coverage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jan 12, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's never a bad idea to buy some of those foam wraps for your pipes, especially those in the crawlspace of your house and, if applicable, in your garage.

If you're south of, say, Chicago, then 99 percent of the time, you won't need it -- but in situations like this, it can buy you a few days without burst pipes.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I remember that storm very well. My little town was locked down for nearly a week.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just heard that Dallas/Fort Worth airport cancelled 300 flights and they are talking about closing I-20 from Big Spring to Dallas - which is about four hours worth of freeway. It is only in the 20s here and we are supposed to be getting our first dose of freezing rain soon.

4. I'm 76 degrees and sunny. Ice sucks.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What is it with Texas getting all this snow and ice when we've yet to get any?

6. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

73 and sunny here.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Still only a slight chance of ice here on Tuesday even though it appears to be impossible for this storm to miss us.

We're still supposed to get rain all weekend and we've already been under black ice warnings from a 6 hour snow/ice storm last week. I don't think the roads are going to be very good once the temperatures drop.

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Apparently the newscasters in OKC have gone insane. My apologies to anyone visiting my hometown and having to hear their predictions that civilization is going to end this weekend.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How is that even logistically possible?

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know. That is just what the people on the local news said.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't doubt you. I just can't see the Texas Dept. of Public Safety putting up roadblocks at every on-ramp. Or blocking the highway to cars and trucks already on it.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good point, especially because there isn't very many towns between Big Spring and Dallas - if you even want to call Big Spring a town.

Draft saved Draft deleted