1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARCTIC BLAST 2007 — Live team coverage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The ice storm warning has shifted southward now and I'm in it.

The temperature this morning was 67º. It is now 40º and falling. Time to run to the store and get some groceries beer ....

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Now wait a minute. There can't be any such thing as an Arctic blast. Didn't someone tell the weather about global warming?

3. joe

joe Active Member

Freezing rain started this morning, and we've had that and sleet all day. Deadline is 11:30 p.m. tonight, but I'm predicting that only about a quarter of the route drivers make it in. It's bad and getting badder by the minute. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does anyone have early deadlines because of this? I just heard that Abilene has to be out by 9:30 p.m. I wish we had an early deadline, it would be nice to get off early.

5. Football_Bat

We're going at 7:30 tomorrow, which means no late NFL game.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Birdscribe wasn't kidding. We got hail and snow in my left-coast town this morning. Its clear now though.

Unrelated item 1: this new(?) cell phone interface is great. Thanks webby!

Unrelated item 2: this is my 2000th post. I know I don't get more stars, but can some newbie get me a beer or something?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've lived in my home here in SoCal since 1999 -- tonight is forecast to be the coldest since I moved in -- 24 degrees. I recall it going below 32 only once before.

Weather is whacked!

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I went into a basketball game and it was 52 degrees and clear. I came out and it was 35 degrees and really, really foggy. Good times. They are now predicting we will receive 1/4 inch of ice tonight, with freezing fog thrown in.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate that stuff.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I lived in the Northwest for 25 years and never saw it, yet Texas is apparently going to introduce it to me. I am not looking forward to driving home tonight.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Keep the defroster running on high and your wipers going, otherwise it'll freeze on your windshield.

12. Football_Bat

35º here deep in the hearta, still watching the thermometer and the sidewalk.

Weather pukes say Sunday could be the worst day. Second shot of upper-level moisture headed out of Mexico; temps won't get above freezing til Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted