1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" causes terrorism panic in Boston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jan 31, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So who is the second guy?

2. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Mike Tomlin, the new Steelers coach.

(Russ Grimm though if you subscribe to the Pittsburgh Trib.)

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Does Tomlin have a diamond stuck in the back of his head like Frylock?
    That would be awesome.

4. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

No offense, butcha seem a little testy there. I could understand if you were in Boston and had to put up with all that self-created shit, but otherwise ...

And what else do you want CN to do by 11 p.m.? A lengthy apology in the bump seems pretty good to me.

5. I know nothing about this show, but American TV has been without a character called "Meatwad" for far too long.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

[​IMG]

My favorite head gear.... The Meatwad beanie!

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I wonder how much Turner officials were told about the marketing campaign. If someone in their internal marketing department signed off on the idea, that's pretty dumb.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

FB, you need to start watching the show. episodes last less than 15 minutes. it's well worth your time. i think they're usually commercial-free. i tivo them and watch occasionally. i think it's hit or miss -- when they hit, i'm doubled over laughing, when they miss, it's still better than the other crap that's on TV.

9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

"It's like my pool is tearing ass around my backyard ..."

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Like Greg Oden, Frylock looks far too old to be a teen.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Perhaps this has been mentioned (If so, I'll D_B it): CNN reported this for most the day ... that's the same CNN owned by Turner Broadcasting, who owns Cartoon Network.

Way to go, CNN! Glad someone in your operation is on top of things.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Which makes it (reporting the devices' existence) sound like an intentional stunt, agatemonkey.

Some conspiracy theorists on an e-mail list to which I belong say that it's Turner "plants" who alerted police to these sketchy devices even being there, thus setting off the frenzy and earning themselves that much more publicity.

Draft saved Draft deleted