1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE tips

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Buck Hill, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Buck Hill

Buck Hill New Member

Anyone have any tips for a first-timer at the APSE summer convention? Are khakis and golf shirts standard? Do I need to dress up for the dinner Saturday night? Are there a bunch of suckers in the poker tournament?

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Last convention I was at was in 2000. Khakis and golf shirts are in my suitcase.

I've never been to the dinner, so I don't know what is typical dress.

I'll be the guy with the nasty-looking right eye, thanks to a case of sinusitis run amok.

3. The sessions are very casual, and so is the opening banquet. It is summer, and it is St. Louis; to expect dress clothing more than occasionally would be impolite.

The only time dress clothes would be recommended is the awards banquet. Considering this year's banquet is in the evening (last year's was early afternoon), I'll probably wear a suit -- or at least a tie.

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Did the schedule disappear from the board? Also, will khaki shorts be acceptable?

Draft saved Draft deleted