1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple's WWDC is today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will the $99 iPhone be launched? The cheap 'net book? Will Jobs show up?

And how big of a spike will the Apple stock make?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Will I be able to get the software update that allows me to cut and paste, and receive SMS photos?

3. McCrank

McCrank Member

If you have a 3G phone, yes. The rumor is that not all of the updates in the iPhone 3.0 software will be compatible with the first generation iPhones.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My iPhone was $99 (refurbished) and I would LOVE this update.

5. Inky_Wretch

One new feature, that I hope to never use ...

11:08 am If your phone really is lost or stolen, you can send it a remote wipe command that will delete all of your data (mail, contacts, etc). If you do find the phone, it will be restored from a backup.
    11:07 am Lets you send your phone a message -- a special alert sound will play, regardless if your phone is on silent or not.
    11:06 am Showing a 30 Rock clip of Liz losing her phone. Find My iPhone is available to MobileMe customers -- it's a service. You can login to MobileMe on any browser and see where your phone is on a Google Map.
    11:05 am HTML5 support as well -- Apple has been pushing the standard. Now, Languages -- even more languages (Hebrew, Arabic, Greek, Korean, Thai) -- users can easily switch between languages thanks to the software-based keyboard. All supported on both portrait and landscape keyboard layouts. Now talking about "Find My iPhone"

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have a "find my phone" app currently, but it requires the finder/stealer to curiously click on that app, then sends the location to me in an email. If this has a way to access the gps location remotely, that might be enough to sell me on MobileMe.

7. Inky_Wretch

From the MacRumors.com update, it sounds like it does.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Just downloaded the new version of Safari they unveiled today. Very impressive. Might actually manage to tear me away from Firefox.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

wonder how much the price of first- and second-gen iphones will drop? have wanted an iphone for a while; maybe now i'll be able to afford one.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My phone died the other day. I plan to pick up a new one on Thursday when I get paid. Any chance these price changes will take effect by then?

11. Inky_Wretch

Price drops on the 3G iPhones happened yesterday.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So the iPhone actually allows picture messaging now. That's good.

Edit: I saw this a while ago and had to search, but...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted