1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple's iPhone nears release date

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 24, 2007.

?

Are you going to buy an iPhone?

1. Yes, the day it comes out

3.2%
  2. No, never. What a waste of money!

29.0%
  3. Later. After they've worked out the bugs and AT&T isn't the only choice of cel company

67.7%
  1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Philly mayor John Street was waiting in line until he was found out.
    Now an aide keeps the spot in line.
    I also heard they had some problems with it on the Today show.
    I admit I am following this iHype, will be watching the news at 6.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

No one here bought one?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nope. When I went to the Cingular/AT&T store last night on my dinner break, there was a line of 15-20 people. A buddy of mine got one, he sent me a text that read "iPhone is the tits" which is his highest praise for anything.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I'll pass until I can use it as a modem for my laptop, which the current version can't do.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just spent $2,830 on a new air-conditioning unit for my house and $400 on new tires, balancing and alignment for my car.

A $600 toy can wait. A long time.

6. I had the money and was at an Apple Store, but I walked away with nothing. My choice.

I thought it was iChat-enabled. It's not. I thought it would run on a legit tier of ATT's cell networks. It doesn't. I'm going to wait. My parents waited in line for the damn thing and have been taunting me for not having one. That's just mean.

7. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I went to an Apple store and played with it. Very cool. Neat seeing your column mug on such a new and wonderful product. No way I'll ever pay 600 for it, though. I'm waiting for the Archos 605 (touch screen ... wifi ... ability to record from your DVR, etc.) later this summer. It's half the price. No phone, no camera, but I have a brand-new phone with a camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted