1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apathetic about divisive issues?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by gospringboks, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I don't really care about any national issue. I don't care about politics, I don't care about abortion, I don't care about Darfur or any other country's civil war, I don't care about same-sex marriage, and I especially don't care about global warming.

Now, I said that simply because of the fact that I WANT to care. I feel like a terrible person for not having an opinion or doing something on one of the sides of any of those issues. But I've tried to get more involved in the past, and I think the "one voice, one million people" aspect just doesn't appeal to me.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't have any strong feelings about the immigration issue either way, but I do feel strongly that all the talk radio guys who have a hard-on for the issue should give it a rest for a while.
    I'm opposed to the death penalty but I've accepted that it's not going to be abolished in this country in my lifetime and if anything it's use will be expanded.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Why should I care about anything?

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You forgot Paddy! ;)

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ehhh, fuck you!!

I guess.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Disagreeing on 99.9 percent of the issues is one thing. Doing something different, however, is something completely different.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This is an incredible line. Layer upon layer of subtlety.

8. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

I can't muster up any sympathy for victims of natural disasters in far-off places. My fiancee thinks it's a character flaw.

Draft saved Draft deleted