1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apartments!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just possibly found some good news on the apartment hunt today.
    On my way to work, I rode by a building I had checked two weeks ago. Now they have an opening, and one of the tenants somebody else is moving out in the very near future.
    I'm heading to rental office to fill out an application tomorrow morning.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I'm pretty quiet. At my last apartment, the lady downstairs joked that she had to see if my car was in the driveway to see if I was still there; I guess because I was too quiet...I dunno. But there are times when I would like to have a small gathering. Probably a few lady friends, a couple of the guys from the crew. Nothing major, just chilling, drinking some brews, 'the' game, etc... I am very respectufl of my surroundings, that's why it's taking me so long to figure this out.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

M,

If you think your friends can keep the noise down somewhat, and you could do internet through a cell phone when you need it, and the price difference between this one and the other one you're looking at is really significant, then go with this one.

I'm moving into my one bedroom, 900 sq foot first-floor apartment in a little over a month. Fortunately cost wasn't a factor that ruled it out, since it's a great community and the closest complex to school.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Enjoyed living in a Cardinal Apartment didja? Every place looks like a Knights Inn...

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Price difference is around $120-150 between the two. I work a second job in the winter that pulls in close to $800/month after taxes which could help with the more expensive one but I think I'll go with the one in my original post. The backyard is huuuuuge and I can just get a table, chairs and 'gather' out there. Also, a washer and dryer is included in the rent for the one I'm probably going to get.

Draft saved Draft deleted