1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP, where's the bloody Hansbrough photo?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 6, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Honestly, I start to wonder if the photo simply wasn't sent because of concerns about the bloody nature of it.

2. Ummm ... AP moved a bunch of stuff from Brazil two weeks ago that had flat-out frontal nudity. I doubt that was the issue. And if it was -- FUCK YOU, AP!

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I looked on AP, and then on Getty, since I use Getty most these days since Getty BLOWS AP AWAY EVERY NIGHT! It wasn't on Getty either, and that bugged me, since I saw Hansbrough's blood running all over the ESPN photo that day.

What the hell, I found a shot almost good enough, and I made it work (I'm good at that, pat on my back since my boss is blind, deaf and dumb. And an asshole on top of that. Cheats on his wife also).

But my point is this: Getty kicks AP's sorry ass every night. Better photos, more of them, whatever you're looking for.

Oh Thank God for Getty Images.

4. How much does Getty cost?

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

Is this the photo you are referring to?

Draft saved Draft deleted