1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP Top 25: Florida #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mizzou has the real problem with the preseason rankings nailed. They carry more weight with many of their voters than results of actual games. The whole point becomes vindicating one's prior opinions (well, that and settling scores, upholding the honor of the conference they cover/coach and the pisspot towns they do those things in, etc., etc.)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Florida gets every benefit of the doubt with the voters. This surprises me because so many people profess to hate the program, but I think there are so many people who immediately assume that whichever the best team in the SEC is, automatically must be the best team in the nation. Sometimes that's true, but other times, it's not...

It's amazing that Florida has won three national titles but has never been unbeaten.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Like ND?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They'll be so drunk they won't notice.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

How bout I'm just sayin' you should keep your tired fucking political bullshit on that board where it belongs, asshat.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

(Thank you, Cosmo)

Guess Steve Spurrier didn't give Duke his token vote. And who gave N.C. State 10 points? Russell Wilson will be worth the price of admission, but who is that defense stopping?

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Nah, try again

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

What else are you going to do? You can sit on the sofa on the front porch and drink beer, or you can go to the game and get loaded with your friends and watch your team roll Cupcake U. by 60.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Everyone's favorite columnist chimes in on the "Is Tebow the greatest?" discussion...

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/12103034

He makes some decent points, but this column is suited better for the end of the season rather than the beginning, IMO.

What say you....?

10. I wondered if anyone was going to bring this up... I think Bowden is dead-on right.
    Ward was/is better than Tebow.
    Tebow is a good player, but not a great one.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

2004 Auburn (13-0) says you're wrong.

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

1) Southern Cal goes undefeated.
    2) Oklahoma goes undefeated.
    3) Florida goes undefeated. Played a terrible OOC schedule. Best wins are over LSU, who ain't that great, and Georgia, who ain't that great.
    4) Oklahoma vs. Southern Cal for the MNC.
    5) Hehindeedy!

Draft saved Draft deleted