1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP sources say Chrysler to read from Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 30, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Eight dealers in our circulation area are getting the axe from Chrysler.
    GM probably will kill off a few more in the coming months ... a friend of mine who a salesman at a big GM dealer (and big advertiser) told me last month they have no guarentees past the end of June.
    The oldest family-owned dealership in our area (GM) shut down last month.

Care to count the millions in advertising dollars we're losing?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What ever Chrysler dealt yesterday, GM's about to deal threefold today. The little dealership in my little ruby-red burg already has the headstone chiseled.

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a6wVy.F054.A&refer=home

May 15 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. is sending termination notices today to 1,100 U.S. dealers with about $2.5 billion in unsold vehicles as the automaker starts shrinking its retail network, a person familiar with the matter said.

4. And GM said it is not announcing which dealerships have been cut. It is leaving that info to come from the individual dealers.
    I have some interesting calls to make this afternoon.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm now in news. I called the local Pontiac dealer, which also sells some other GM brands. The president of the dealership was just "heading into a teleconference with GM officials" and didn't sound to enthusiastic about calling me back afterward.

I assume the dealer is axed.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Anyone got a link to a running list of the dealers closing?

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

GM said it would not make public its list, leaving it up to the individual dealer to tell its public.

Draft saved Draft deleted