1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Pettitte admits using HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey my garbageman uses HG.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I think a lot of people here are ignoring one thing: he's the first major name active in baseball to not only confess to using PEDs AND apologize. As long as his story checks out, I give him all the credit in the world for stepping up to take the bullet. Does this excuse him for taking such substances, even though he was legitimately injured? Who's to say? That can be a whole other discussion. But in my eyes, Pettitte is already in a better light.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

What's HG? Human garbage?

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The way the story is now, the difference between Pettitte and Giambi is this: Pettitte took PEDs to recover from an injury. Giambi juiced up just to get the stats and the cash. Not trying to be a fanboy here and I am willing to accept any new facts that may surface.

6. The biggest question is does Pettitte lose that lucrative Bible endorsement contract?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't think you're a fanboy. Was merely pointing out that Giambi also (sort of) admitted it and apologized.

Pettitte is the first to react with an admission in the wake of the Mitchell report.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I can't seen Pettitte losing the Bible deal. After all, he was following in Jesus' path. Jesus received oil as a baby. Pettitte received an oil-based substance. Where's the problem?

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

What, Judas told him it was flaxseed oil?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dude, The Three Wise Men brought him oil or an oil-based substance. Judas wasn't even in the picture!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the product of 16 years of Catholic schooling.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The thing with Pettitte, he didn't admit to using through innuendo. But at this stage of the game, how could anyone say that they used "stuff?"

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

No offense, but anyone who thinks Pettitte took HGH just to recover from injury is crazy naive.

I hope someone asks him if he took it throughout the 2004 season, when he was hurt all year.

Draft saved Draft deleted