1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Pettitte admits using HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

But when will Nook Logan come out with his statement?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

No "if" about it, Andrew. Nimrod. And for the argument that it was because of an injury, then a doctor prescribes it. You don't but it from a guy you know.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Very true.

McNamee only mentioned Pettitte injecting 2 to 4 times somewhere between April 21-June 12, 2002, when Pettitte was injured. It's kind of, sort of realistic to beleive Pettitte is telling the truth. Meanwhile, it's going to be nearly impossible for Clemens to convince anyone that he didn't begin injecting in '98.

McNamee says Clemens began asking Canseco about steriods in '98 and Winstrol injections began in late summer of '98. McNamee injected Clemens through the rest of the season, and Clemens went 11-0 with a 1.71 ERA in the second half of the year compared to 9-6 with a 3.55 ERA in the first half. He went off the juice in '99 (McNamee was still with the Blue Jays when Clemens was with the Yankees) and had a pretty mediocre season with a 4.60 ERA. Took steriods again the next season when he convinced the Yanks to hire McNamee and had himself two very solid seasons: 3.70 ERA in 2000 and a 3.51 ERA in 2001.

McNamee's story seems to check out from '98-'01, at least when looking at Roger's stats.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Clemens' list of people to kill keeps growing.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

McNamee still is a rat, period. that was a shitty piece attempting to cover a rat's ass.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure Rocket is very happy about his workout buddy admitting to using HGH.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now pettitte is a rat. i bet we'll never see clemens dropping a dime on anyone.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

How is Pettitte a rat for admiting (at least partially) what he did? He never mentioned anyone else.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he is in essence, a rat. sorry, i should have included the * the first time.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

How is he a rat, Tom?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see spnited's point here. To me a rat is somebody who gives up others to protect himself. That's not really what Pettitte did here.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he's as bad as a rat for talking, giving street cred to McNamee.

Edit: and he talked for self preservation.

Draft saved Draft deleted