1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Obama has clinched delegate count

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Read his books.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Cocaine use is a bad thing?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've read them both. I own them both. I didn't know that's what you were referring to.

If you can prove he's used it in the last 20-plus years, I'll concede the point. He went to college in the '80s. He also smoked weed back in the day.

I don't have a problem with it.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

OK, I'll bite:

Raise the minimum wage by how much? Index it to inflation with or without housing, food and fuel? Increase the EITC by how much? Will he means-test it?

Not sure the solution to the housing crisis is another Great Society-style big-government program, but at least this is an idea, if a bad and sketchy one.

And he'll mandate its use? Will all lenders be affected? Is there any proof this would have limited the current crisis? Is there any evidence this will stop unscrupulous lending?

I'm already a little bored. But I stand by what I said: Thin gruel.

5. Mighty_Wingman

You could always ask Bob Johnson...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, I'll bite, Winger. Outline McCain's policies. This is a person who admitted relative ignorance on economics. I'm sure his policies are wonkish and divine.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Hey, I never said McCain was a great candidate. And, as I pointed out a page ago, McCain has a loooong voting record in Congress that allows potential voters to investigate his views...Obama's lack of same requires -- or should -- his campaign to be explicitly about issues, not biography, "hope" and "change."

Besides, I'm a single-issue voter and McCain already has my vote...his stance on the space program or the spotted owl couldn't possibly be less important to me.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's the issue?

9. Mighty_Wingman

I guess I really have been gone from the politics threads a long time. I'm SportsJournalists.com's proudest neocon*.

*Like, seriously. I'm not sure most folks who use the word know what it means. But I'm an old-school, Commentary / The Public Interest, Scoop Jackson / Jeane Kirkpatrick neocon. Those of you who were already pretty sure you hated me are welcome now to pat yourselves on the back.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

So you're a democratic imperialist?

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Furry little monsters! Let the ice run red with their lifesblood!

12. Mighty_Wingman

I personally don't think those two words go together. I believe in an assertive foreign policy, one of whose elements is the encouragement of democracy abroad. This should NOT be construed to mean that I believe the war in Iraq has been at all well-handled, of course.

And I think until we can conclusively prove baby seals aren't a threat to our liberties and our Constitution, they should be clubbed until every American has a soft-pelted overcoat of his or her own.

Draft saved Draft deleted