1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP fantasy writer?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BRoth, Jun 23, 2006.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I was killing some time on the wire today when a fantasy baseball story came across on the AP sports wire.

Is this a new thing? I can't remember ever seeing this before.

Here's the story (first newspaper online I saw that carried it):
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/baseball/3993600.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't know the AP had a fantasy writer, but I know the Freep has a fantasy columnist... (sorry, couldn't pass it up)

3. i've seen konigsberg stuff before. not sure if it's regular fantasy column or not. he used to work at espn.com (although i don't think it was the fantasy section) and actually wrote a great great story about being gay at the worldwide leader. he basically announced to everyone he was working with -- most of whom never knew -- he was gay and did it in a frontpage story. it was about the time all the rumors of a baseball player being outed were circling and he tied it into that. it was great stuff. shortly thereafter, i think he took the gig with AP.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Kudos, Slappy. A well-played slap shot to Big Ears' ego.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Very nice.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The AP does employ photographers with the fantasy of knowing the English language, as well as the fantasy editors who fix their works of prose.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It seems to me this is the first season for the AP to have a fantasy baseball feature as a regular component of the weekend budget.

Draft saved Draft deleted