1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP changing roundups

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SCEditor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's capitalized?

Shit, I had no idea.

Anyway, if it only applies to PM papers, then it doesn't change things for most of us. Even if does apply to AM papers, all you have to do is search "rdp" instead of "cap." So, really, who cares?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

either way, that stick up your ass really must be uncomfortable.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like it's that big of a change, at least from my first glance. The college hoops roundup has carried a similar slug for a while (BC-BKC--State-Tech Folo-Rdp), and it seems like they're just deleting the one graf that reads something like this (and yes, I'm making up these rankings and scores):

"In other games Tuesday night, No. 10 Xavier beat Dayton 88-67, No. 12 Kentucky defeated Vanderbilt 78-76, No. 23 Marquette beat DePaul 84-80 and No. 25 Stanford beat Washington State 65-62."

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fuck Stanford. Wazzu would have beat them if it wasn't starting three freshmen.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

cougs eat ass. we've been over this before.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hope the Huskies get another No. 1 seed and lose in the second round. That would be awesome. Actually, even if they won the title, I could always point out 0-12.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

cougs still eat ass.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

16-13, bitch.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

riddle me this: how was "coug-it" coined?

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As long as it wasn't last year, Mt. Davis.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the court has ordered you to answer the question.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

By screwing up when it mattered most.

That's Coug-ing it.

What does it feel like to know your Huskies have redefined Coug-ing it? 0-12. Seriously? UW lost to a Wazzu team which had 1 win. That one one win? Over 1-AA Portland State. Wow, I guess now it shall always be referred to as Dawg-ing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted