1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP baseball guides

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Jul 25, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I do not like that AP has gone from the final score on top of game stories to a "headline" topper.

Makes it hard to distinguish what's game stories and what's not.

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Plus when you're doing roundups, you gotta chop off the headline and put the score up there. It was quicker when it just had the score on the top. I'm with you Shotty.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Just noticed that. Agreed, I don't like it.

4. ARD

ARD Member

Very annoying. Would've been nice if they had, you know, told people ahead of time or asked for input. At my previous stop, I had a macro set up to add coding, and it depends on that scoreline being there. Hope they aren't still using it.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I can say for a fact this didn't come up when we met with the AP sports editor at the APSE convention. There was talk about consistency on the capsules, but nobody ever said anything about the score topper.

6. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

That's because Terry Taylor probably didn't know this was going to happen when she was at the APSE convention. She has no clue what's happening next week, let alone a month or month-and-a-half from now.

Draft saved Draft deleted