1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anywhere to find CBS regional broadcast plans?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 17, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We usually get word from our area CBS station what games they're showing, but they've been uncooperative this time.

Is there a CBS Web site that can help?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think a broadcast schedule can be found at cstv.com, but I haven't yet looking for it.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My office is in the newsroom at a CBS station, and we gave our viewers information on what game was going to be shown in our area and then CBS changed their minds. I think that's happening in most areas, so stations have given up telling people what game is going to be on.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

CBS shows basketball?

You could've fooled me. I'm too busy washing the loads of corporate jism off my screen.

5. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

I posted a similar question on Tuesday - got no answers and nuked the post. I don't think it exists.

6. lovely

7. villageidiot

villageidiot Member

Call the local station and ask.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think the local station has control over it. I'm in an area directly between two tournament teams. I'm on the television station's breaking news e-mail because the web site where I work is associated with a CBS station (and a newspaper). I've gotten 6 e-mails today on that breaking news account of people who are threatening to quit watching our specific station because they think we chose to show a game that was not one of the two local teams. We showed one and then the CBS feed went to the Florida game.

The best part? They threatened to start watching another network in the area that is also associated with the CBS station (not parter stations, but sort of sister stations). I wanted to reply back with that, but since it's not really my place, I'll just let the news director respond. :)

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

We've been getting games to be shown in our area on zap2it.com the last few nights and thus far, they've been right every time.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I can't help that CBS chose to show a 1 seed rather than a 4/5 seed game.

I also can't help that right now I'm being forced to watch Kansas/UK when I really want to watch USC/Texas, but I'm sure not going to bitch to a breaking news e-mail account about it.

People need to realize what little control affiliate stations have over what's shown.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Excellent. I love when people call the paper asking about what's on tv... I don't know why don't you call the f#cking tv station?!?!

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As noted previously, I think, for several years this approach worked well. This year, not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted