1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone who is good at connecting electronics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And can talk me through, via phone or PM, how to connect a TV to a cable box to a Tivo to a DVD player...please PM me immediately.

Thank you.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I want play by play on this, please.

3. imjustagirl

Well if I don't get a taker in the next 8 minutes, it's not going to matter. I have to leave for work at some point.

I don't think "Hey, sorry I'm an hour late. But at least I'm Tivoing the VMAs tonight!" will work.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

To hell with PBP --- I want a webcam feed. :D

Does the TV have A/V inputs?

5. imjustagirl

You know my number.

6. imjustagirl

OK, I'm out. anyone who is still up at 3 a.m. or so and can help, I'll check back in.

Anyone willing to help tomorrow, I'd appreciate it more than you know.

Here's what I know: There are no red/white/yellow outputs on my TV. It's connected directly to my cable box (a different one than I was using before). My cable box, Tivo and DVD player all have the r/w/y plugs, which is how I always did it before. But it ain't working this time.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

how old is your tv?

8. imjustagirl

No idea. But here's the thing: I've always connected everything before. It's not like I bought some new part that I'm having to add in. These are the same three components that were connected when I lived in Va.

It's just a different cable box, and that's thrown me (and my limited knowledge) for a loop.

9. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

What type of inputs do you have on your TV?

10. imjustagirl

Smash, I say this in all seriousness...you're goign to have to talk to me like I'm five. I don't know what inputs look like, what kind there are...

And I'm not home now anyway. All I know is someone came and ran something from the only thing coming out of the back of my TV into my cable box.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's why I asked how old her TV is. It sounds like it is an older model where it only has the cable jack.

Also, how many inputs (red/yellow/white plug ins) do you have on your cable box?

12. imjustagirl

No idea. Not at home.

I know that the thing running from my TV to the cable box is connected. Then there is one place to enter the red, white, yellow cords, but it doesn't say whether it's inputs or outputs.

Draft saved Draft deleted