1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone watch Jeopardy! tonight? (basically a useless thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

One of the answers (TV characters) was "The sea was angry that day, my friend. Like an old man sending back soup in a deli." You had to name who said it.

Funniest part was contestant No. 3 looked exactly like Georgie's girlfriend from that episode. Exactly.

It was very ironic. Except it was ironic in the sort of way Alanis Morrisette would use ironic. "Jagged Little Pill," by the way, was a question soon after the Costanza one.

I'm freaked.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm watching it. I could answer more in double Jeopardy than I could in regular Jeopardy. Maybe it's because the categories were things I studied. I could answer every album question and the prophet questions. That's real sad. I am now realizing what a looser I am for ever posting this.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This is who I'm marrying guys. That's right, back off. No one else can have her. :p :D

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

For the second time today... dead. to. me. ;)

You're mean...really mean.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the template for most thread titles could be __________________ (basically a useless thread)

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I got the final jeopardy answer right!

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought it might be the Revolutionary War and WWI. As you saw, that was wrong. That damn college kid is too damn smart.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

pup, if you watch Seinfeld, are you seeing what I'm seeing with that woman?

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah and I'm surprised no one knew it. As soon as he said the quote, I knew it was George. :)

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

First of all, the actual line was "The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

Second, George did not have a girlfriend in that episode. He was strolling the beach with Diane, the "It" girl from school, whom Jerry had bumped into and whom asked about George. She called George, and they met up somewhere.

Now who's a looser, spup? I mean, why should I know this much about an episode of a television show from Feb. 10, 1994? ::)

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Um, because you have Google?

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There was no question that you were a looser jd. :) I always knew you were. Just kidding, buddy! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted