1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Had a story on the news last night about people lined up in front of the local Target. Already a sizable pack there.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

When you think of campling out, think what happened to Cartman

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Have a good buddy who went out Tuesday afternoon.

Another buddy saw him interviewed on the news and told me about it. I know he doesn't play video games. So I called him up.

Turns out, he needs to burn off some PTO at work anyway, and figured he could make $1500 for his trouble. Also, dude loves to camp. He's all set up, I guess. Colman stove, cold-weather gear, etc.

More power, I guess.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Tailgating for the gamer geeks.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

PS3 lines cause problems at a Wal-Mart

I read in a newspaper (don't remember which one) that some people are going to have all three of the next-gen systems (Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii). Who the fuck has that much time to make it worthwhile to buy all three?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Stoners. And gamer geeks. A complete lack of human interaction frees up a big chunk of time.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I noticed a complete lack of women in the lines featured in the local TV stories. Not a single female hanging out with these guys.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Next up on the Captain Obvious Show: "Most professional basketball players are tall."

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Also, a shoking new study revealing that most residents of Utah are white!

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

So are most Minnesotans, Washingtonians, North Dakotans, Massachusetians and Arkansans.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Actually, I saw a couple of girls in the Best Buy line. They kind of looked emo. Maybe Simple Plan has a new CD coming out.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Want to threadjack with a question for Modaho: your thoughts on the "educational electronics" such as LeapFrog, Baby Einstein, etc.?

I don't have and am never around kids, so I don't know if these things are any good or if it's just marketing to insecure parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted