1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. statrat

statrat Member

I turned the Browns into repeat, undefeated Super Bowl winners in Madden, I'm still not sure how. I wan't to test out the Wii before I even consider plunking down $600 on the PS3. In the meantime, I'm more than happy playing Tecmo Super Bowl on my old Nintendo

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oh i understand what you're saying. Wasn't lecturing anyone either. It is fun to play video games, but there are times I go 3-4-5 days without touching my Xbox. Just depends on the mood.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thank God there are sane parents in the world like Mod-a-ho.

As for any moron who would camp out in the freezing cold for 3 days to spend $600 on a video game system, they deserve pneumonia.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

"How's your new PS3?"

"I dunno. I've been in the hospital for three weeks."

5. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, that's a whole another thing all together. That is insane. I'm going to have to drive by my local Best Buy tomorrow with a jug of hot chocolate, walking just close enough so they can smell it, then let them watch me pour it all down the sewer.
    :D :D

Seriously, I don't think I've ever waited in line for any new techno product. I got my Xbox about year and half to two years after it came out.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Stories I've read says Sony won't have sufficient supplies of PS3s in the United States until springtime, due to, ahem, manufacturing issues.

And hank, $60 for one game ain't bad. Old-school Nintendo games regularly sold for $50 per in the late 1980s. I mean, I wouldn't pay it and couldn't afford it back then, but whatever.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The people camping for a PS3 for their personal use are idiots. But I can't blame a college kid for doing it if he's going to turn a $1,400 profit on it.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Oh I know. He had said $60 for games and was clarifying that one game would cost $60.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these people standing in line drop $1000 on Friday. Most will likely buy 2-3 games. They'll be eating ramen noodles for a month, but they got a PS3,wheeeeeeee!

There's always the bug issue with these game systems when they first come out, too. So you might get one, play it for a week and it might crap out on you.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think there should be a law that once you turn 25, you have to stop playing video games...

Just my opinion... Have fun in line tonight...

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm not camping, but I plan on trying to get one. I want one for myself, but I'll sell this one if I can actually make it happen. I'm willing to pay the $600 at some point, but no way in hell do I leave it sitting on my living room floor if someone's dumb enough to think it's worth $2000+.

If you have a chance to get one, and have the money somewhere, and don't buy it ... you're an idiot (as long as camping isn't required). One of these before Christmas makes for an e-bay gold mine.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

For $1,400 I might consider camping out in line - in a warm-weather state.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

We have a winner!

Draft saved Draft deleted