1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I love Christmas. There's so many idiots.

The parent who buys the PS3 this year is the bratty shit who had to have a Cabbage Patch doll in 1984.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Damn, 'Daho! I hope social services will let you visit the little 'uns now and then.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think they'll be just fine with ice skating lessons, piano lessons, soccer/basketball games and the traditional night games at the end of the culdesac. I'll also gladly buy them season passes to the local Six Flags-lite for $70 and let them be active rather than park them in front of the Grand Theft Auto or Madden 2012.

Luckily, girls aren't as into video games as boys.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No games on the PC either?

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I never had any games in my house, not even Atari, so naturally, when I went off to college, much of my freshman year was spent drink beer and play Ninetendo.

There's something to be said for getting it out of your system at a young age, assuming you can leave the games behind, but I'm glad my childhood wasn't spent in front of the TV.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

$600!!!! Thats amazing....I'm glad so many people have that much disposable income. So $600 for the console, $60 for games, countless wasted hours sitting in front of the tv.

Someone should do a story asking those people in line how much money they make a year, whether they rent or own. What their debts are.... if they're paying child support, student loans, credit card debt, car payments.

Spend your money however you want, but don't bitch about your slot in life and financial burdens if you spend that much money on a video game system.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Actually, the little ones like doing some of the games on Noggin.com or Nickjr.com. But we try to limit how much time they spend on the computer.

8. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Personally I think the PS3 will be a relative flop. There's a lot more excitement around Nintendo's Wii.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

"You kids are wasting your life on that computer! Now get off the computer so daddy can moderate his message board!" :D :D :D

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

somebody's gotta make sure D_B doesn't post anymore beheadings.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

60 bucks will get you ONE game.

Video games aren't necessarily a bad thing. You have to limit how much you let your kids play them. It's good for an hour or two per day. The problems come in when you let a video game system run your life.

If one of your friends calls and says lets hit a movie or something and you say nah, i'll stay home and end up playing video games, then somethings wrong there.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm not lecturing anyone who has one. Go for it if that's your thing. They are certainly entertaining and not everyone that has one is a bad parent or a fat, lazy kid.

Uma and I have just decided to not have a video game system in our house. Reading a book is, in our opinion, a better way to chill out.

Draft saved Draft deleted