1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone know someone with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Small Town Guy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's Leo Greene.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/leosstory

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Small Town Guy,

My brother's best friend has been living with ALS for a few years now. It appears he's in his final days right now as his breathing has slowed to the point of needing a machine to keep him alive. I want to say he was diagnosed with it about five years ago, and given two years to live.

He was a very healthy guy at the time of his diagnosis and went downhill fast. He went from losing coordination to not being able to walk to not being able to do anything by himself. He's lived longer than expected, but I think it's because he's got a strong support group that keeps him going.

If you need to know anything else, please feel free to IM me. Your dad's friend will be in my prayers.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

Thanks

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

There's a former pro football player here who is currently a colour commentator on the team's radio broadcasts. Tony Proudfoot.

He's got it. He's carrying on. Clearly, it's progressing.
    If you didn't know the deal and tuned into the broadcasts, you'd think the guy was drunk. He's already slurring quite a bit.
    The season is about to wrap up; I hate to even imagine how far things will get by the time the 2008 starts.
    I'm guessing he'll no longer be up to it. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted