1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone in Maine?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With a name like that, I suppose you would be. :D

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

A visit to Maine would not be complete without at least one lobster roll.

Meaningless trivia: Joe and Rose Kennedy met as children in Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I always get the states in the northeast confused. Maine is one of the few I can actually identify on a map.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

was the restaurant about five or six blocks away from the water, about a block off the main drag?

If so, that place sucks.

5. I know that but I bet BYH didn't.

I was trying to give his already weak ego another complex to deal with. It was step one on the "blacked out memories from childhood" angle I was going to work on him.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Some great musicians hail from Maine -- Slaid Cleaves and Rod Picott -- to name two.

My old boss has a vacation home near Lake Sebago.

My wife's freshman year college roommate was from Maine and so she learned the correct pronunciation of Biddeford.

There's a first-rate mastering studio in Portland that many top recording artists use.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This seems like as good a place as any to ask something that's bothered me for some time -- anyone here know why the Maine Black Bears don't have black anywhere in the color scheme? They're navy and Carolina blue.

Most other teams with a color in the name use it in the color scheme -- Red Storm, RedHawks, Blue Devils, Purple Aces, Brown Bears, Yellow Jackets, Orange, etc. UMaine kind of stands alone in that regard.

8. KP

KP Active Member

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/trads/main-mascot.html
    Black Bears are the type of bears you find in Maine. They are black on the hockey sweaters. Why isn't it one of school's official colors? Beats me. Just remember, it's Maine, shit's done a little differently up they-uh.

Draft saved Draft deleted