1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone heard of the All-American Football league?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chazp, Jul 24, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

This new "pro" football league has been bombarding our paper with emails for weeks now. Later this week, try outs are being held for the team in our state and the number of emails has increased. The league is trying a new trick of only having players who played in college in a particular state play for the leagues franchise in that state. They're so desperate for pub, they're having players email with their best memory from their college glory days, assuring all news outlets they'll grant any and all interviews. Have you been contacted by these guys? What do you think the chances are it ever gets off the ground? Have you run a story on this proposed league in your paper?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Geena Davis, Madonna and Rosie O'Donnell are in it, as a matter of fact.

3. Mmac

Mmac Guest

This is an interesting idea, but it could lead to some frighteningly one-sided blowouts if, as one example, you've got a franchise in Florida playing one in Missouri. The college football scenes vary so widely from state to state that I don't see how you could maintain any sort of parity with that rule.

4. statrat

statrat Member

If Gino Torretta does not make a comeback to quarterback a Miami area franchise, this league is a fraud, a fraud I say!

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Florida, Texas and California will never lose a game, except maybe to each other.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Some funny stuff here at the league website.

A spring minor league, hoping to play on college campuses starting in 2008... so far it seems there are not set teams anmd no players.
    But Cedric Dempsey is the President.

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/index.php

Draft saved Draft deleted