1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone heard anything about this one?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChrisMaza, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

New Haven, CT

News Writer/ Assoc. Editor

Internet news start-up is seeking enthusiastic news junkies. Are you passionate about current events? Can you write clever, compelling copy? Looking for writers and editors with at least three years experience reporting for print, digital or broadcast media. Must have sound news judgment and ability to juggle multiple deadlines. Versatile writers with sharp proofreading skills only. Familiarity with publishing tools and social media a plus.

Responsibilities include:

---sourcing news, writing and publishing online content

--- writing articles, summaries, blog posts, scripts and headlines

---developing sources and contributors

--editing and proofreading copy

Submit your resume and writing samples to support @ track180.com (no spaces)

Per JJobs.com

2. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

It's a shame nobody told founder Drue Hontz about the Huffington Post before he started this two years ago ...

The recipe for success here is basically Vimeo meets HuffPo --- and just add water! Staff record short, original interviews and post them up, but most of the content appears to be one-graf briefs that are taken from larger articles from outlets such as the AP, Reuters and L.A. Times.

Also, I haven't seen an ad on the website. Not a single one. Hontz had a big elevator business but sold it in 2005 ... he has no experience with this, and it shows.

In all honesty, I think I'd feel more comfortable applying to Patch.

3. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

Ummm ... yeah ... Politifact -- you know, that thing that won a Pulitzer -- already has that covered.

And, while we're at it, I love the TrackLineTM, "a unique presentation of news along a visual timeline, similar to a news room workflow." It's just a fucking timeline. That's it. A fucking timeline.

Moral of the story: Tread lightly here.

4. I wish this were reddit.com so I could upvote you not only for cutting to the chase but for Arrested Development.

5. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Indeed. He blue himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted